Belmont rolls past Campbell 75-50Jan 30, 2010 - 11:22 PM BUIES CREEK, N.C.(AP) -- Ian Clark scored 14 points to lead Belmont to a 75-50 victory over Campbell on Saturday.
Clark hit four 3-pointers as the Bruins (12-10, 7-5 Atlantic Sun Conference) completed a season sweep. They defeated Campbell 66-55 on Jan. 21.
Belmont used a 35-8 run to pull away from the Camels (12-8, 7-4) and held their all-time leading scorer, Jonathan Rodriguez, scoreless for the first time in his 111-game career. It also was Campbell's worst loss of the season.
The Bruins were 7-for-14 on 3-pointers in the opening half and closed with a 14-2 run to take a 40-23 advantage. Campbell went the final 3:30 without a field goal.
Keaton Belcher added 13 points and Kerron Johnson had 12 for Belmont, which shot 57 percent from the field (12-for-21) in the first half and 88.9 percent from the line (24-for-27) for the game.
Amir Celestin led Campbell with 12 points.
- Virginia staves off upset bid from Belmont Mar 20
- Belmont battles Virginia in East Regional melee Mar 20
- Belmont shocks Murray State to win OVC crown Mar 7
- Racers and Bruins battle for OVC crown Mar 7
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- Randle helps Kentucky fend off Belmont Dec 21
- Wildcats set sights on Bruins Dec 21
- Belmont shocks No. 12 North Carolina Nov 17
- Belmont battles No. 12 North Carolina Nov 17