Smith scores 25, Mercer routs Stetson 91-57Jan 31, 2010 - 4:00 AM MACON, Ga.(AP) -- Jeff Smith scored a career-high 25 points, going 7-for-8 from 3-point range, as Mercer routed Stetson 91-57 on Saturday to end a three-game skid.
The Bears avenged a 76-69 loss at Stetson on Jan. 22, which started the losing streak.
Smith was 8-for-11 from the field for Mercer, while Daniel Emerson added 18 points and 12 rebounds, E.J. Kusnyer had 15 points and James Florence and Brandon Moore scored 11 each. Brian Mills grabbed a career-high 14 rebounds, including 12 defensive boards.
Mercer (10-11, 6-5 Atlantic Sun Conference) led 33-15 in the first half before taking a 41-32 advantage into halftime.
After Florence hit a 3-pointer to open the second half, Stetson (5-15, 3-9) could get no closer than 10 points.
A.J. Smith led the Hatters with 15 points and six boards as Mercer outrebounded Stetson 47-25. Tyshawn Patterson added 10 points for the Hatters.
- Stetson makes intriguing run to A-Sun final against FGCU Mar 5
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Tennessee cruises past Mercer to reach Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Mercer seeks another upset in clash with Tennessee Mar 23
- Mercer's late rally stuns Duke Mar 21
- Blue Devils and Bears meet in Midwest Regional battle Mar 21
- Mercer takes out Florida Gulf Coast for Atlantic Sun crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears meet in A-Sun title game Mar 9
- Irish beat up Stetson Nov 10
- No. 21 Notre Dame plays host to Stetson Nov 10
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18
- Florida Gulf Coast downs Mercer for Atlantic Sun Tournament crown Mar 9