Cleveland State beats Youngstown State 77-69Jan 31, 2010 - 12:14 AM CLEVELAND(AP) -- Norris Cole scored 19 points and Jeremy Montgomery added 18 to help Cleveland State beat Youngstown State 77-69 on Saturday.
D'Aundray Brown had a double-double with 11 points, 12 rebounds and six steals for the Vikings (10-12, 6-4 Horizon League). Trevon Harmon finished with 14 points.
Cleveland State, which never trailed, scored the game's first nine points and went into halftime with a 30-21 lead. The Vikings pushed their margin to 17 points - their largest of the game - on a 3-pointer by Montgomery with 10 minutes left in the second half.
The Penguins (8-13, 2-9) attempted a rally, cutting Cleveland State's lead to 72-66 on Kelvin Bright's 3-pointer with 37 seconds to play. But the Vikings hit their free throws down the stretch to pull away.
DeAndre Mays led Youngstown State with 27 points. Bright had 12 points and Vance Cooksey added 10.
- NCAA BB
YOUNGSTOWN ST 69
CLEVELAND ST 77 FINAL
Jan 30 6:18 PM
- NCAA BB
YOUNGSTOWN ST 21
CLEVELAND ST 30 HALFTIME
Jan 30 5:01 PM
- Youngstown State beats Robert Morris 65-58 Dec 2
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Virginia downs Cleveland State, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- No. 6 Virginia gets back to work against Cleveland State Dec 18
- Louisville grinds past Cleveland State for Pitino's 700th win Nov 26
- Cardinals set sights on Vikings Nov 26
- Kentucky fends off upset-minded Cleveland State Nov 25
- Vikings face daunting task against mighty Wildcats Nov 25
- Leslie, NC State down Cleveland State Dec 8
- Vikings come calling on 25th-ranked Wolfpack Dec 8
- No. 5 Michigan thumps Cleveland State Nov 14
- Vikings tangle with fifth-ranked Wolverines Nov 13