Michigan defeats Iowa, 60-46Jan 30, 2010 - 11:35 PM ANN ARBOR, Mich.(AP) -- DeShawn Sims had 20 points and 12 rebounds as Michigan rolled to an easy 60-46 Big Ten victory over Iowa Saturday afternoon.
Michigan (11-10 4-5) also got 20 points from Manny Harris as it snapped a three-game losing streak.
Iowa (8-14, 2-7) was led by Aaron Fuller's 16 points - the only player to reach double figures. The Hawkeyes are now one game under .500 (697-698) in league play since joining the Big Ten.
Michigan got off to a quick start, scoring the game's first 13 points and shutting the Hawkeyes out for nearly seven minutes. The Wolverines led by as many as 17 in the half and had a 29-17 edge at the intermission.
The Wolverines scored the first five points of the second half, moving the margin back to 17, and were never threatened down the stretch.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
IOWA 17 29 46
MICHIGAN 29 31 60 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: IOWA - AARON FULLER 16, ERIC MAY 8,
CULLY PAYNE 8
MICHIGAN - MANNY HARRIS 20, DESHAWN SIMS 20, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 6
Jan 30 6:27 PM
- NCAA BB
MICHIGAN 29 HALFTIME
Jan 30 5:21 PM
- Peter Jok to return to Iowa for senior season May 20
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Michigan hires assistant hoops coaches Donlon and Washington May 4
- Michigan's Chatman receives release, plans to transfer May 3
- Iowa puts walk-on Nicholas Baer on scholarship Apr 7
- Michigan's Dawkins transferring to play for father at UCF Apr 6
- Michigan lifts transfer restrictions for Doyle, Albrecht Apr 1
- Iowa guard Andrew Fleming to transfer Mar 31
- Doyle, Albrecht receive transfer releases from Michigan Mar 29
- Iowa's promising season ends in disappointment Mar 21
- Villanova-Iowa bound to end a Sweet 16 drought, but just 1 Mar 19
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17