Hurtt, Uzoh lead Tulsa past UCF 55-50Jan 31, 2010 - 12:35 AM ORLANDO(AP) -- Justin Hurtt scored 16 points and Ben Uzoh added 15 and eight rebounds to help Tulsa hold off a late Central Florida rally in a 55-50 victory on Saturday.
Tulsa (17-4, 6-1 Conference USA) won for the first time in five tries at UCF. The Knights (10-11, 2-5) lost for the fifth time in their last six games.
Leading 53-50 with 31 seconds left, the Golden Hurricane turned the ball over. UCF returned the favor with 20 seconds remaining and were forced to foul. Jerome Jordan made both free throws to extend Tulsas lead to five points, and UCF couldn't get any closer.
Keith Clanton led the Knights with 17 points and six rebounds. Marcus Jordan finished with 10 points.
For the second time this season, UCF failed to make a 3-point field goal (0 of 12). The last time it happened, the Knights went 0-for-11 in an 84-56 loss at Mississippi on Jan. 5.
- NCAA BB
UCF 50 FINAL
Jan 30 7:11 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TULSA 29 29
UCF 28 28 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
TULSA - JUSTIN HURTT 11, JOE RICHARD 6,
BEN UZOH 6
UCF - KEITH CLANTON 10, MARCUS JORDAN 5,
TAYLOR YOUNG 4
Jan 30 5:50 PM
- Ex-Georgia coach Dennis Felton looking for another chance Apr 1
- UCF introduces Johnny Dawkins as new men's basketball coach Mar 24
- UCF hires Johnny Dawkins as next men's basketball coach Mar 23
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- UCF fires coach Donnie Jones following loss in AAC tourney Mar 11
- UCF's Taylor to miss remainder of season with leg injury Dec 23
- NCAA clears UCF 7-foot-6 recruit Tacko Fall to play Nov 13
- UCF files for academic waiver for 7-6 recruit Tacko Fall Nov 12
- Eligibility of 7-foot-6 UCF recruit in doubt as season nears Nov 10
- SMU beats Tulsa to claim AAC title Mar 8
- Tulsa and SMU meet for AAC crown Mar 8
- No. 23 SMU uses late run to down Tulsa Feb 7