Sheppard leads Northwestern State to 74-68 victoryJan 31, 2010 - 12:37 AM CONWAY, Ark.(AP) -- Tadre Sheppard had 17 points, 11 rebounds, five steals and four blocks Saturday as Northwestern State defeated Central Arkansas 74-68.
Mitch Rueter added 16 points and seven rebounds for the Demons (7-12, 2-4 Southland), who never trailed in the game.
Will Pratt led Central Arkansas (7-14, 1-6) with 29 points. Damon Jones added 19 points, while William Mosley had 10 rebounds and six blocks.
Northwestern State led 34-33 at halftime and used a 10-2 run to go on top 57-47 with 8:05 remaining. Devon Baker scored the final eight points of that run, finishing the game with 11 points and five assists.
The Demons increased their lead to 67-54 with 3:46 left on a three-point play by James Hulbin. Central Arkansas answered with a 9-0 run to cut it to 67-63 with 1:30 remaining, but that was as close as the Bears got.
- NCAA BB
NORTHWESTERN ST 74
CENTRAL ARK 68 FINAL
Jan 30 6:57 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHWESTERN ST 34
CENTRAL ARK 33 HALFTIME
Jan 30 5:44 PM
- Oklahoma dominates Northwestern State Nov 23
- Sooners return to action, hoping to exercise Demons Nov 23
- No. 21 Nebraska takes care of Central Arkansas Nov 19
- Bears hope to claw way past 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 18
- Baylor outlasts Northwestern State in OT Dec 19
- No. 12 Baylor battles Northwestern State Dec 18
- Memphis makes short work of Northwestern State Dec 7
- Demons seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 7
- Florida powers past Northwestern State Mar 23
- Gators, Demons square off in South Region's second round Mar 21
- Northwestern State wins Southland Mar 17
- Demons, Lumberjacks duke it out for Southland crown Mar 16