Illinois State routs Bradley, 66-47Jan 31, 2010 - 1:03 AM NORMAL, Ill.(AP) -- Dinma Odiakosa scored a career-high 25 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead Illinois State to a 66-47 victory over Bradley on Saturday.
Odiakosa had eight of his rebounds on the offensive glass for the Redbirds (15-7, 6-5 Missouri Valley). Lloyd Phillips and Osiris Eldridge had 13 points each and Tony Lewis had 13 rebounds for Illinois State, which outrebounded Bradley 50-28 and held a 34-10 advantage in points in the paint.
Andrew Warren was the only Bradley player in double figures with 11 points. The Braves (10-11, 5-6) shot just 29 percent from the field in their lowest-scoring game of the season.
The score was tied late in the first half before Illinois State went on a 14-5 run for a 35-26 halftime lead. The Redbirds opened the second half with a 13-3 burst to take a 48-29 lead.
- Illinois State staffers among 7 dead in plane crash Apr 7
- Bradley names Brian Wardle head coach Mar 27
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8
- Good Knight: Illinois St. stuns Wichita in MVC semis Mar 7
- Shockers meet Redbirds in MVC semifinals Mar 7
- Northern Iowa advances with rout of Bradley Mar 6
- Braves face tall task in MVC semifinals against Panthers Mar 6
- Northern Iowa rolls over Bradley Feb 21
- Bradley challenges No. 11 Northern Iowa Feb 21
- No. 15 Wichita State tops Illinois State Feb 14
- Redbirds seek upset of 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 14