Leonard, San Diego State down Colorado State 64-52Jan 31, 2010 - 2:05 AM FORT COLLINS, Colo.(AP) -- Kawhi Leonard achieved a double-double in the first half and finished with 14 points and 12 rebounds to lead San Diego State past Colorado State 64-52 on Saturday.
Leonard helped the Aztecs (15-6, 4-3 Mountain West) establish a 32-24 lead at intermission with 12 points and 10 rebounds in the first half.
D.J. Gay led San Diego State with 17 points, Chase Tapley scored 12 and Malcolm Thomas grabbed 13 rebounds.
Andy Ogide led the Rams (12-9, 3-4) with 13 points, and Travis Franklin scored 10.
San Diego State led 15-6 midway through the first half, but Colorado State fought back to take its only lead when Dorian Green sank three free throws for a 23-20 edge with 3:19 left.
But Tapley scored seven points in a 57-second span - his only points of the half - to propel the Aztecs on a 12-1 run. They cruised from there.
- Playing in the Garden nice consolation prize for Aztecs Mar 25
- Fisher's Aztecs looking for 7th straight NCAA tourney berth Mar 9
- SDSU tops San Jose State 78-56 to clinch share of MWC title Feb 21
- San Diego St. 9-0 at halfway point of Mountain West schedule Feb 1
- San Diego State says basketball program cleared by NCAA Jan 5
- Colorado St. extends Eustachy, contract runs through 2019 Dec 8
- Hagins scores 14 as Little Rock stuns San Diego St. 49-43 Nov 21
- Cheatham brings 'good energy' to Fisher's Aztecs Nov 4
- It's now Steve Fisher Court at San Diego State Oct 29
- Duke crushes San Diego State to reach Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Blue Devils battle Aztecs in South Regional action Mar 22
- San Diego State holds off St. John's to advance Mar 21