Sugars, Harris powers Navy past Colgate 100-91Jan 31, 2010 - 2:26 AM ANNAPOLIS, Md.(AP) -- Jordan Sugars scored 34 points and grabbed nine rebounds and Chris Harris added 25 points to lead Navy to a 100-91 win over Colgate on Saturday night.
O.J. Avworo finished with 14 points and 10 assists for the Midshipmen (10-12, 4-3 Patriot League), who hit 15 3-pointers and shot 51.6 percent from the floor (32-for-62) in the game.
Navy controlled most of the contest, taking a 60-39 lead with 17:09 left in the second half on a 3-pointer off a fast break by Sugars, who went 6 of 8 from beyond the arc. He also shot 13 of 17 from the field.
Kyle Roemer scored 31 points and had 11 rebounds for the Raiders (6-15, 2-5), who have lost five of their last six games. Yaw Gyawu and Mitch Rolls each scored 15 points, while Ben Jonson and Sterling Melville added 12.
Rolls dished out seven assists but had five turnovers.
- NCAA BB
NAVY 100 FINAL
Jan 30 8:57 PM
- NCAA BB
NAVY 46 HALFTIME
Jan 30 7:44 PM
- Ohio State pulls away from Colgate Dec 7
- Buckeyes seek redemption in bout with visiting Raiders Dec 6
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- No. 9 Orange cruise past Colgate Nov 16
- Raiders seek upset of ninth-ranked Orange Nov 16
- Syracuse crushes Colgate again Nov 25
- Colgate seeks first win over Syracuse in half a century Nov 25
- No. 10 Missouri cruises past Navy Dec 10
- 10th-ranked Tigers set sights on Midshipmen in Columbia Dec 10
- Syracuse wins in midst of Fine allegations Nov 19
- Colgate comes calling on No. 5 Syracuse Nov 19