Jarvis' streaking FAU Owls top Thomas, FIU 106-88Jan 31, 2010 - 3:04 AM BOCA RATON, Fla.(AP) -- Greg Gantt scored 25 points, Alex Tucker had a school-record 16 assists and surging Florida Atlantic won its fifth straight, beating Florida International 106-88 on Saturday night.
It was the first meeting between the pair of high-profile coaches - FAU's Mike Jarvis and FIU's Isiah Thomas - and just about everything went Jarvis' way.
The Owls (12-10, 8-3 Sun Belt) never trailed, opened a 52-36 lead by halftime and matched the school's longest winning streak since an eight-game stretch in the 1989-90 season. Shavar Richardson scored 22 points and Sanchez Hughley added 19 for the Owls, who made a season-high 15 3-pointers and put six players in double figures.
J.C. Otero scored 26 points and Phil Gary added 18 for FIU (7-17, 4-7).
- Florida State-FAU game delayed twice by problems with basket Dec 19
- No. 5 Louisville powers past FIU Dec 5
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Cardinals Dec 5
- Smith powers Louisville to blowout of FIU Dec 22
- Cardinals fly south to take on Panthers Dec 21
- Duke barely breaks a sweat in topping FAU Nov 15
- Blue Devils battle Owls in non-coference fray Nov 15
- FIU tabs Evans as head coach Apr 16
- Western Kentucky wins back-to-back Sun Belt titles Mar 12
- Hilltoppers and Panthers duke it out for Sun Belt crown Mar 11
- Zeller, Hoosiers cruise past Florida Atlantic Dec 22
- Owls hope to soar past sixth-ranked Hoosiers Dec 21