Barbour, High Point edge Gardner-Webb 82-80 in OTJan 31, 2010 - 4:39 AM BOILING SPRINGS, N.C.(AP) -- Nick Barbour tipped in a rebound of his own missed shot with one second left in overtime, capping his 30-point performance and lifting High Point over Gardner-Webb 82-80 on Saturday night.
Barbour scored the final eight points for the Panthers (11-10, 6-5 Big South Conference), including a layup that put them ahead 80-77 with 35 seconds left.
Grayson Flittner responded for the Runnin' Bulldogs (6-15, 3-8) with a tying 3-pointer with 22 seconds left.
High Point trailed 63-56 with 4:48 left in regulation, but Barbour and Eugene Harris, who scored 22 points, scored all 12 of the Panthers' points the rest of the way in regulation, which ended 68-68.
Jon Moore scored a career-high 25 points for Gardner-Webb.
Gardner-Webb shot 55.6 percent (30-for-54) to High Point's 42.2 percent (27-for-64), but High Point was 23-for-32 on free throws to Gardner-Webb's 11-for-23.
- NCAA BB
HIGH POINT 82
GARDNER-WEBB 80 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 30 10:31 PM
- NCAA BB
HIGH POINT 38
GARDNER-WEBB 32 HALFTIME
Jan 30 8:57 PM
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- Arizona runs away from Gardner-Webb in second half Dec 2
- Bulldogs hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 2
- Huge second-half run lifts No. 2 Orange past High Point Dec 20
- High Point faces uphill climb in clash with No. 2 Syracuse Dec 20
- Duke takes care of Gardner-Webb Dec 16
- Runnin' Bulldogs seek upset of mighty Blue Devils Dec 16
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7
- No. 11 North Carolina handles Gardner-Webb Nov 9
- New-look Tar Heels tip off season against Runnin' Bulldogs Nov 9
- Louisville rebounds with convincing win over Gardner-Webb Dec 18