Long Beach State defeats UC Davis, 80-58Jan 31, 2010 - 2:49 AM LONG BEACH, Calif.(AP) -- Eugene Phelps scored a game-high 21 points as Long Beach State defeated UC Davis, 80-58, in Big West Conference play on Saturday.
Phelps made 9 of 14 from the floor and grabbed nine rebounds. Greg Plater made 4 of 6 from 3 and scored 16 points. T.J. Robinson had a double-double with 10 points and 13 rebounds.
The 49ers (10-11, 4-4) carried a 40-32 lead into the half. They opened the second half with two consecutive 3-pointers and went on a 14-1 run to take a 54-33. The Aggies (8-12, 4-4) would never threaten that lead.
Mark Payne and Dominic Calegari led the Aggies with 16 points each. The Aggies struggled from long range making only 3 of 20 (15.0 percent) 3-pointers.
The 49ers outscored the Aggies 48-16 in the paint.
- UC Davis hires Stanford's Kevin Blue as athletic director May 16
- Louisville handles Long Beach to get back on track Dec 30
- Cardinals seek redemption in clash with 49ers Dec 30
- No. 17 St. John's routs Long Beach State Dec 23
- 49ers hoping to calm Red Storm Dec 22
- Texas holds off Long Beach State Dec 21
- Long Beach State faces uphill climb in tussle with Texas Dec 20
- San Diego State edges Long Beach State Dec 11
- Aztecs to try and continue dominance over Golden State foes Dec 10
- Missouri gets past Long Beach State Jan 4
- Tigers close out non-league play against 49ers Jan 4
- VCU rebounds with win over Long Beach State Nov 22