Kennesaw State defeats Florida Gulf Coast 77-70Jan 31, 2010 - 4:15 AM KENNESAW, Ga.(AP) -- Jon-Michael Nickerson scored 21 points to lead Kennesaw State to a 77-70 win over Florida Gulf Coast on Saturday night.
Markeith Cummings and Kurtis Woods each scored 16 for the Owls (10-12, 5-6 Atlantic Sun Conference), who have won four straight.
Kennesaw State used a 12-0 run late in the second half to jump out to a 73-63 lead with 1:18 remaining. A 3-pointer from the Eagles' Kenneth Chambers cut the lead to 74-70 with 30 seconds left, but Florida Gulf Coast failed to score again for the remainder of the contest.
Reed Baker paced the Eagles (7-14, 4-8) with 16 points. Anthony Banks added 13 points, while Hunter Miller dished out 10 assists.
Kennesaw State benefited from more than twice as many trips to the free-throw line, shooting 17-for-24 from the charity stripe (70.8 percent). Florida Gulf Coast shot 6-for-10 from the foul line (60 percent).
- NCAA BB
FLA GULF COAST 70
KENNESAW ST 77 FINAL
Jan 30 9:34 PM
- NCAA BB
FLA GULF COAST 40
KENNESAW ST 36 HALFTIME
Jan 30 8:21 PM
- FGCU hoops coach Dooley gets 2-year extension through 2020 May 7
- Tar Heels aim to stay on defensive vs. Eagles in NCAAs Mar 16
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Kennesaw State names Al Skinner men's hoops coach Apr 26
- Kennesaw State fires hoops coach Lallathin Mar 23
- No. 15 Butler cruises past Kennesaw State Dec 9
- Kennesaw State hits road seeking upset of Butler Dec 8
- Syracuse handles Kennesaw State in opener Nov 15
- 23rd-ranked Orange eye up Owls in season opener Nov 14
- Kennesaw State, Preston announce mutual separation Mar 19
- Mercer takes out Florida Gulf Coast for Atlantic Sun crown Mar 9