Sam Houston State defeats Texas A&M-CC 70-58Jan 31, 2010 - 4:07 AM CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas(AP) -- Corey Allmond had 16 points and Ashton Mitchell added 15 as Sam Houston State defeated Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 70-58 on Saturday night.
Gilberto Clavell and Lance Pevehouse scored 11 points each and Preston Brown 10 for the Bearkats (14-5, 6-0 Southland), who took sole possession of first place in the West Division, a game in front of the Islanders (11-9, 5-1).
Justin Reynolds and Kevin Palmer had 14 points each for Texas A&M-Corpus Christi. Reynolds added eight rebounds.
Sam Houston State overcame a 19-4 first-half deficit to lead 30-28 at halftime. The Bearkats led by three midway through the second half before a 19-10 run - in which Josten Crow scored all of his seven points - gave them a 64-52 cushion with 2:09 remaining.
- Sam Houston State beats St. Thomas (Texas) 114-92 Nov 17
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- Stephen F. Austin drubs Sam Houston State for Southland title Mar 16
- Bearkats battle Lumberjacks in Southland Tournament final Mar 15
- Top-ranked Indiana blasts Sam Houston State Nov 15
- Bearkats come north seeking upset of top-ranked Hoosiers Nov 15
- Turner leads defensive Aggies past Bearkats Dec 7
- Sam Houston State comes calling on No. 22 Texas A&M Dec 7
- Turner helps Aggies down Islanders Nov 26
- No.25 Aggies host Islanders in College Station Nov 26
- No. 16 Memphis edges Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Dec 21