3 Drake players hit 20 in 79-74 win over CreightonJan 31, 2010 - 3:43 AM DES MOINES, Iowa(AP) -- Drake started fast and used three 20-point scorers to derail Creighton 79-74 on Saturday night.
Josh Young, Ryan Wedel and Seth VanDeest scored 20 apiece for the Bulldogs (12-12, 6-5 Missouri Valley), who are 6-1 since switching to a three-guard offense.
Drake shot 50.0 percent (24 of 48) and had nine steals, five blocks and just eight turnovers.
Cavel Witter led the Bluejays (11-11, 6-5) with 17 points, including 4 3-pointers. Casey Harriman added 14 points.
The Bulldogs got out of the gate 7-0, and their lead crested at 35-20 on Frank Wiseler's 3-pointer with 6:41 left in the first half. They led 43-35 at intermission.
Creighton turned a 52-42 deficit into a 58-58 tie on Josh Jones' 3-pointer with 8:53 left. But Wedel hit a 3-pointer and Young and VanDeest scored to make it 65-58 with 7:03 to go, and Drake led the rest of the way.
- NCAA BB
DRAKE 79 FINAL
Jan 30 10:21 PM
- NCAA BB
DRAKE 43 HALFTIME
Jan 30 9:11 PM
- Creighton's Maurice Watson Jr. says he's returning to school May 6
- Starter in 2014-15, Orange's Kaleb Joseph heads to Creighton Apr 18
- Creighton's Maurice Watson continues to prove doubters wrong Feb 10
- Creighton hoping transfers Watson, Huff can spark turnaround Oct 21
- Drake hoping to turn corner in 2015-16 Oct 5
- Georgetown fends off Creighton in Big East quarters Mar 13
- Big East tourney action pits Bluejays against Hoyas Mar 12
- Arcidiacono, Villanova tops Creighton Mar 3
- Creighton seeks upset of No. 4 Villanova Mar 3
- Butler slips past Creighton Feb 17
- Bluejays and Bulldogs meet in Big East brawl Feb 16
- Northern Iowa easily handles Drake Feb 7