New Mexico State defeats Louisiana Tech 91-77Jan 31, 2010 - 5:16 AM RUSTON, La.(AP) -- Hamidu Rahman had 22 points and 12 rebounds to lead New Mexico State to a 91-77 victory over Louisiana Tech on Saturday night.
Jahmar Young added 19 points as the Aggies (13-8, 6-2 Western Athletic Conference), who shot 53.6 percent from the field (37-for-69), won for the fifth time in six games.
New Mexico State scored nine of the first 11 points of the second half to stretch a two-point lead into a 57-46 advantage on Young's layup with 17:20 to play.
Wendell McKines' 3-pointer gave the Aggies a 65-54 lead with 15:01 left, and they retained a double-figure lead until the end.
Gordo Castillo went 5-for-6 from the 3-point line to score 17, and McKines finished with 13 points and nine boards.
Magnum Rolle scored 27 points and had 15 rebounds for Louisiana Tech (18-4, 6-2), and Kyle Gibson finished with 23 points. DeAndre Brown added 16 points for the Bulldogs.
- New Mexico State's Weir adds Henson as an Aggie adviser May 11
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- New Mexico State pulls in OT, beats Robert Morris 81-71 Nov 25
- Kansas gives Big 12 a lift with rout of New Mexico State Mar 20
- New Mexico State seeks upset of Kansas Mar 20
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Colorado State holds off upset-minded New Mexico State Dec 27
- Aggies entertain undefeated Rams Dec 27
- Wichita State rolls past New Mexico State Nov 15
- Aggies open season at 11th-ranked Shockers Nov 14
- San Diego St. survives New Mexico St. in OT Mar 21