Sacramento State turns away Idaho State 72-55Jan 31, 2010 - 4:22 AM POCATELLO, Idaho(AP) -- Led by Sultan Toles-Bey's 20 points and Duro Bjegovic's double-double, Sacramento State beat Idaho State 72-55 on Saturday night.
Bjegovic scored 17 points and hauled in 12 rebounds for the Hornets (8-15, 2-8 Big Sky). Jonathan Malloy scored 16 points, and Toles-Bey added three rebounds and two assists.
Idaho State (6-15, 3-6) was led by Broderick Gilchrest's 14 points and Chron Tatum's 12 points and nine rebounds. Donnie Carson scored 10 points.
The Hornets hit seven of their first 13 3-point attempts to take a 36-23 halftime lead, shooting 56 percent.
The hot shooting continued early in the second half. Sacramento State started with an 11-5 run to earn its largest lead at 47-28 with 13:44 remaining.
The Hornets matched that lead four minutes later, and the Bengals never came closer than 10 points after that, trailing 63-53 with 1:58 to go.
- Gonzaga pounds Sacramento State Nov 15
- Bulldogs get underway in showdown with Hornets Nov 14
- Adams leads the way again as UCLA rolls Nov 19
- Hornets hoping to sting Bruins Nov 18
- Idaho State's O'Brien resigns Dec 19
- Eastern Washington defeats Idaho State, 79-71 Feb 28
- Northern Colorado defeats Sacramento State, 78-66 Feb 28
- Northern Arizona topples Sacramento State 73-59 Feb 27
- Waters leads Portland State past Idaho State 98-63 Feb 27
- Hansen helps Weber State down Idaho State 89-64 Feb 20
- Montana defeats Sacramento State, 86-58 Feb 20
- Sacramento St. 74, Montana St. 80 Feb 18