CS Northridge defeats UC Santa Barbara, 76-69Jan 31, 2010 - 5:40 AM LOS ANGELES(AP) -- Willie Galick scored 19 points as CS Northridge defeated UC Santa Barbara 76-69 in Big West Conference play on Saturday night.
Galick made 7 of 11 from the field and grabbed game-high nine rebounds. Rashaun McLemore added 14 points and had three steals to help snap a three-game losing streak.
The Gauchos (11-8, 6-3) were led by James Nunnally's 21 points. Orlando Johnson had 20 points and a team-high 8 rebounds.
The Matadors (8-13, 3-5) held a 39-37 lead at the half. After leading by as many as eight in the second half the Gauchos (8-13, 3-5) managed to knot the score up at 60 with 3:27 left. The Matadors would go on an 8-0 run and lead 68-60 with 1:11 left.
This win snaps a three-game winning streak for the Gauchos.
The Matadors played without second-leading scorer Lenny Daniel, who was indefinitely suspended for attitude and conduct detrimental to the team.
- NCAA BB
UC SNTA BARBARA 69
CS NORTHRIDGE 76 FINAL
Jan 31 12:11 AM
- NCAA BB
UC SNTA BARBARA 37
CS NORTHRIDGE 39 HALFTIME
Jan 30 10:54 PM
- Blackshear scores 31 as Louisville routs CS-Northridge Dec 24
- Matadors hit road to challenge fourth-ranked Cardinals Dec 23
- Johnson, Arizona cruise past CS Northridge Nov 17
- Matadors seek upset of second-ranked Wildcats Nov 16
- Kansas handles challenge from UCSB Nov 15
- No. 5 Kansas lifts lid on season against UC Santa Barbara Nov 14
- Matadors visit 16th-ranked Aztecs to tip off season Nov 14
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16
- Big West championship game pits Mustangs against Matadors Mar 15
- UCLA takes care of UC Santa Barbara Dec 4
- Gauchos and Bruins mix it up in Golden State fracas Dec 3
- Theus takes over at Cal State Northridge Apr 3