Nevada defeats Hawaii, 66-60Jan 31, 2010 - 5:35 AM RENO, Nev.(AP) -- Luke Babbitt scored 20 points as Nevada held off Hawaii, 66-60, Saturday night in Western Athletic Conference play.
Brandon Fields added 11 points as Nevada (13-8, 5-3) improved to 10-1 at home this season.
Hawaii (9-13, 2-7) was led by Roderick Flemings, who scored 17 points.
Hawaii tied the game at 56-56 with four minutes to go on a lay-up by Flemings. Nevada scored on six consecutive free throws in the final 37.5 seconds to secure the victory.
Hawaii went on a 12-0 run over the final six minutes of the first half to force a 28-28 halftime tie. Hiram Thompson hit a 3-pointer and Flemings completed a three-point play to key the run for the Warriors.
Nevada jumped out to a 10-0 lead in the first three minutes as Fields drained a pair of 3-pointers.
Brandon Adams finished with 13 points for Hawaii.
Nevada got 11 points from Joey Shaw.
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- Hawaii guard Aaron Valdes to turn professional Apr 7
- No. 13 seed Hawaii to play 4th-seeded Maryland Mar 19
- California tries to set aside distractions facing Hawaii Mar 17
- U of Hawaii appeals NCAA men's basketball postseason ban Jan 6
- NCAA puts University of Hawaii men's basketball on probation Dec 22
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14