Lehigh defeats Holy Cross 78-60Jan 31, 2010 - 8:13 PM WORCESTER, Mass.(AP) -- Gabe Knutson scored 31 points to lead Lehigh past Holy Cross 78-60 on Sunday.
The Mountain Hawks (14-8, 5-2 Patriot League) scored 25 points off 17 turnovers as Holy Cross (5-17, 2-5) lost its third straight.
Holy Cross' Andrew Beinert's 3-pointer tied it at 25-25 with 3:30 left in the first half. But Lehigh closed the half on a 9-1 run with five points by Knutson and four by C.J. McCollum to lead 34-26 at halftime.
The Mountain Hawks led 47-37 with 13 minutes left to play and scored eight straight. Michael Ojo put Lehigh up 55-37 with 9:46 to go, and the Crusaders wouldn't get closer than 15 points the rest of the way.
McCollum finished with 17 points and Dave Buchberger chipped in 11 for the Mountain Hawks.
Andrew Keister scored 12 points and grabbed 14 rebounds for Holy Cross. Dee Goens finished with a career-high 13 points for the Crusaders.
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6
- Holy Cross shocks Harvard Nov 16
- Beantown brawl pits Crimson against Crusaders Nov 16
- Ennis and Villanova down Lehigh Nov 15
- Lehigh faces tall task in opener against No. 12 Villanova Nov 14
- Holy Cross visits Brown to open CIT Mar 17
- Paige, No. 12 North Carolina hold off Holy Cross Nov 15