Valparaiso rallies past Wisconsin-Green Bay 84-79Jan 31, 2010 - 9:48 PM GREEN BAY, Wis.(AP) -- Brandon Wood scored 26 points, including six in the final 1:26, as Valparaiso rallied to defeat Wisconsin-Green Bay 84-79 Sunday.
Cory Johnson added 20 points and Brandon McPherson and Matt Kenney each had 11 for the Crusaders (11-12, 6-5 Horizon), who trailed by eight with 4:36 to play.
Troy Cotton led the Phoenix (15-9, 7-5) with 20 points while Bryquis Perine added 19 and Randy Berry finished with 14 and nine rebounds.
Trailing 73-65 with 4:36 remaining, Valparaiso went on an 11-0 run, fueled by three of its 11 3-pointers, and led the rest of the way. Green Bay twice pulled to within one in the final 1:42, but Valparaiso answered each time with a bucket of its own.
Wood secured the victory with four free throws in the final 23 seconds.
After trailing 43-35 at halftime, the Crusaders shot 66.7 percent (14 of 21) in the second half.
- NCAA BB
WISC GREEN BAY 79 FINAL
Jan 31 4:19 PM
- NCAA BB
WISC GREEN BAY 43 HALFTIME
Jan 31 2:59 PM
- Lottich succeeds Drew as basketball coach at Valparaiso Apr 7
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Green Bay announcer says game ejection was misunderstanding Mar 9
- Correction: Northern Kentucky-Valparaiso story Feb 16
- Green Bay pulls away from Morehead State in 2nd half, 78-72 Dec 28
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- Maryland survives Valparaiso to advance Mar 20
- Terps open NCAA Tournament play against Crusaders Mar 20
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- Green Bay upsets No. 15 Miami-Florida Dec 6
- Phoenix hope to rise above 15th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 6