Stephen F. Austin beats McNeese State 70-55Jan 31, 2010 - 11:42 PM LAKE CHARLES, La.(AP) -- Jereal Scott scored 18 points to lead Stephen F. Austin to a 70-55 victory over McNeese State on Sunday.
Eddie Williams added 17 points for the Lumberjacks (15-5, 5-2 Southland Conference), who won their fourth consecutive game by taking a 28-17 halftime lead and then shooting 55.6 percent from the field (15-for-27) in the second half.
Scott scored 14 in the second half after playing just 8 minutes in the first half with foul trouble. Williams added 11 in the second half, when Stephen F. Austin led by as many as 18 points.
McNeese State (7-13, 2-4) shot just 25 percent from the field (6-for-24) in the first half, but cut the margin to 41-36 with 11:12 to play.
Scott and Williams combined to score the next 10 points.
Jordan Glynn added 10 points and 12 rebounds for the Lumberjacks.
Patrick Richard scored 15 and C.J. Collins added 12 for McNeese State.
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- UCLA tops Stephen F. Austin for Sweet 16 berth Mar 23
- Lumberjacks face tall task in clash with Bruins Mar 23
- Stephen F. Austin stuns VCU in overtime Mar 22
- Rams butt heads with Lumberjacks in tournament action Mar 21
- Stephen F. Austin drubs Sam Houston State for Southland title Mar 16
- Bearkats battle Lumberjacks in Southland Tournament final Mar 15