Montana St. 68, N. Colorado 74Jan 31, 2010 - 11:31 PM GREELEY, Colo. (AP) -- Will Figures scored 14 of his 20 points in the second half as Northern Colorado avenged its worst loss of the season with a 74-68 victory on Sunday.
Neal Kingman added 14 points and 10 rebounds for Northern Colorado (18-5, 7-3 Big Sky). Mike Proctor had 12 and Devon Beitzel and Chris Kaba 11 each for the Bears, who lost 87-63 to the Bobcats on Dec. 4 in Bozeman, Mont.
Northern Colorado reached 18 wins for the first time since 1989.
Branden Johnson had four 3-pointers and a career-high 16 points for Montana State (11-10, 6-4). Bobby Howard had 13 points and nine rebounds. Marquis Navarre and Cody Anderson contributed 10 points apiece.
- NCAA BB
MONTANA ST 68
NORTHERN COLO 74 FINAL
Jan 31 6:13 PM
- NCAA BB
MONTANA ST 34
NORTHERN COLO 34 HALFTIME
Jan 31 4:59 PM
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- Kentucky crushes Montana St. Nov 23
- Top-ranked Kentucky continues run against Montana State Nov 23
- Wichita State routs Northern Colorado Dec 9
- 24th-ranked Shockers play host to struggling Bears Dec 8
- Marquette, minus Johnson-Odom, routs Northern Colorado Dec 17
- Bears try to clip wings of 11th-ranked Golden Eagles Dec 17
- Aztecs begin tourney with rout of Northern Colorado Mar 17
- Northern Colorado wins Big Sky to reach first NCAA tourney Mar 9
- Tisdale, Richardson, guide Illinois past Northern Colorado Dec 12
- Northern Colorado moves quickly to replace Boyle Apr 20