Norfolk State defeats Coppin State 80-71Feb 2, 2010 - 3:27 AM NORFOLK, Va.(AP) -- Kyle O'Quinn scored 18 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to help Norfolk State defeat Coppin State 80-71 on Monday night.
Michael Deloach added 27 points on 7 of 12 shooting, and was 10 of 14 from the foul line for the Spartans (4-16, 3-5 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference). Norfolk State shot 51.9 percent from the field (27 of 52).
The Eagles (5-15, 0-8) scored 30 points off 23 Norfolk State turnovers, but shot just 37.1 percent from the field (26 of 70).
Rob Hampton scored 13 points for the Spartans and Aleek Pauline grabbed 11 rebounds. The Spartans outrebounded Coppin State 41-38 and scored 40 points in the paint.
The Eagles were led by Lenny Young with 13 points and Vince Goldsberry with 11.
Sam Coleman grabbed 12 rebounds for Coppin State, which lost its 12th straight.
- O'Neale's hot shooting powers Baylor past Norfolk St. Dec 30
- Norfolk State hits road to test No, 22 Baylor Dec 30
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past Norfolk State Nov 17
- Norfolk State pays visit to No. 9 Virginia Nov 16
- Mitchell out at Coppin State after 28 years Mar 28
- Gonzaga cruises past Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 11 Gonzaga plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- Irvin helps Michigan cruise past Coppin State Nov 29
- Wolverines set sights on Eagles Nov 29
- Evans leaving Norfolk State Apr 15
- Warren, Wolfpack roll past Spartans Dec 16
- Wolfpack set to pounce on visiting Spartans Dec 15