Kent State routs Northern Illinois 76-46Feb 2, 2010 - 2:44 AM KENT, Ohio(AP) -- Justin Greene scored 18 points and Kent State routed Northern Illinois 76-46 on Monday night for its fifth straight win.
Anthony Simpson added 12 points, Randal Holt had 11 and Chris Singletary scored 10 for the Golden Flashes (15-7, 6-2 Mid-American Conference), who won their 14th straight against a MAC West opponent.
The Golden Flashes scored 20 points off 23 North Illinois turnovers and came up with 18 steals. Ten of the 11 Kent State players on the roster had at least one steal.
Kent State led by nine at halftime and went on a 16-4 run in the second half to push the lead to 59-37 with 9:54 to play. A 10-0 run minutes later gave the Golden Flashes their biggest lead of the game at 75-44 after a layup by Ian Pinckney with 1:37 to play.
Darion Anderson scored 12 points for the Huskies (9-12, 4-4), who lost their fifth game in a row.
- Panthers battle Redbirds in MVC melee Jan 25
- Oubre shines as Kansas tops Kent St. Dec 30
- Kent State tangles with No. 13 Kansas Dec 30
- Notre Dame rolls through NIU Dec 22
- Irish play host to Huskies Dec 22
- Northern Illinois extends Montgomery through 2018 Apr 18
- Iowa State blows through Northern Illinois Jan 1
- Cyclones put perfect mark on line against visiting Huskies Dec 31
- No. 22 UMass crushes Northern Illinois Dec 14
- Minutemen get back to work as they host Huskies Dec 14
- Northern Illinois held to 4 points in first half Jan 26
- Kent State visits West Virginia in early morning clash Nov 15