Belmont 74, ETSU 67Feb 2, 2010 - 3:28 AM JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (AP) -- Keaton Belcher scored 18 points and Belmont held off East Tennessee State 74-67 on Monday night.
Mick Hedgepeth added 16 points and Drew Hanlen had 15 for the Bruins (13-10, 8-5 Atlantic Sun Conference), who swept the season series against the Buccaneers. The Bruins won 100-89 on Jan. 23.
It was Belmont's fourth win in its past five games and 10th win in the past 13 meetings with East Tennessee State.
Belmont led 63-47 with 6:23 to play before the Buccaneers (11-12, 7-5) went on a 16-2 run to pull to within 65-63. Sheldon Cooley missed a dunk that would have tied the game for the Buccaneers.
The Bruins pulled away after that, finishing on a 9-4 run. Belmont made 25 of 34 free throw attempts (73.5 percent).
Isiah Brown scored 17 points, and Tommy Hubbard had a double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds for the Bruins.
- East Tennessee State tabs Forbes as new men's basketball coach Mar 31
- Virginia staves off upset bid from Belmont Mar 20
- Belmont battles Virginia in East Regional melee Mar 20
- Belmont shocks Murray State to win OVC crown Mar 7
- Racers and Bruins battle for OVC crown Mar 7
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- Randle helps Kentucky fend off Belmont Dec 21
- Wildcats set sights on Bruins Dec 21
- Belmont shocks No. 12 North Carolina Nov 17
- Belmont battles No. 12 North Carolina Nov 17
- Lyons, Arizona down Belmont in West Region second round Mar 22