Texas Southern defeats Alabama A&M 67-62Feb 2, 2010 - 4:53 AM NORMAL, Ala.(AP) -- Deandre Hall posted a double-double with 20 points and 10 rebounds, and Texas Southern beat Alabama A&M 67-62 on Monday night.
The Tigers went 10-for-10 from the foul line in the final two minutes to preserve the win. Leading 61-60 with 31 seconds to play, Junior Treasure and Aaron Clayborn each made two free throws to push the lead to 65-60 with 7 seconds remaining.
After a quick basket by the Bulldogs' Cornelius Hester made it 65-62, Treasure added two more foul shots to provide the final margin.
Travele Jones added 13 points and Clayborn had 12 for the Tigers (11-10, 7-2 Southwestern Athletic Conference).
The Tigers have won five of their past six games, all of which have been decided by seven points or less. The Bulldogs (7-10, 4-5) had a four-game winning streak snapped.
Casey Cantey scored 19 points, Hester added 18 and Maurice Kemp 11 for the Bulldogs.
- NCAA BB
TEXAS SOUTHERN 67
ALABAMA A&M 62 FINAL
Feb 1 11:18 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS SOUTHERN 28
ALABAMA A&M 22 HALFTIME
Feb 1 10:04 PM
- Arizona cruises by Texas Southern Mar 19
- Arizona starts tournament play against Texas Southern Mar 19
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- Texas Southern stuns No. 25 Michigan State in OT Dec 20
- Weary Tigers visit 25th-ranked Spartans Dec 20
- Gonzaga crushes Texas Southern Dec 16
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with Bulldogs Dec 15
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Mustangs and Tigers duke it out for spot in field of 64 Mar 19
- Texas Southern ends Prairie View's Cinderella run, wins SWAC Mar 15
- New Mexico opens with easy win over Alabama A&M Nov 10