Crawford, Shurna lead Northwestern to 67-52 winFeb 3, 2010 - 2:17 AM By RICK GANO AP Sports Writer
EVANSTON, Ill.(AP) -- Drew Crawford scored 17 points, John Shurna added 15 and Northwestern went on a 21-4 second-half run to pull away from Michigan for a 67-52 victory Tuesday night.
The Wildcats (15-7, 4-6 Big Ten) led by five at the half, but Northwestern limited Michigan to 22 points and just six field goals in the second half.
Manny Harris, the Big Ten's leading scorer, was held to 11 points - eight below his average. He was only 4 for 14 from the field for the Wolverines (11-11, 4-6), who lost for the fourth time in five games.
DeShawn Sims, Michigan's second-leading scorer at 17.6 points, managed only four points. The Wolverines were only 6 for 25 from the field in the second half.
Luka Mirkovic and Michael Thompson added 12 points each for Northwestern.
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Michigan hires assistant hoops coaches Donlon and Washington May 4
- Michigan's Chatman receives release, plans to transfer May 3
- Michigan's Dawkins transferring to play for father at UCF Apr 6
- Michigan lifts transfer restrictions for Doyle, Albrecht Apr 1
- Doyle, Albrecht receive transfer releases from Michigan Mar 29
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- Tough finish for injured Michigan seniors LeVert, Albrecht Mar 2
- Michigan's Caris LeVert out for season because of ailing leg Mar 1
- Michigan's LeVert returns from leg injury against Purdue Feb 13
- LeVert sitting out again for Michigan against Maryland Jan 12