Longwood rallies past High Point 70-66Feb 3, 2010 - 3:02 AM FARMVILLE, Va.(AP) -- Antwan Carter scored 19 points and Longwood rallied from a 10-point deficit in the final 4:18 to defeat High Point 70-66 on Tuesday night.
Aaron Mitchell had 18 points and Dana Smith scored 17 points and had 13 rebounds for the Lancers (6-16), who hit four free throws in the final 22 seconds to clinch the victory.
High Point (11-11) led 66-63 on Nick Barbour's two free throws with 1:02 left, but Kevin Swecker's 3-pointer tied the score at 66 with 49 seconds to play.
Mitchell hit two free throws with 22 seconds left and Smith added two more with 2.7 seconds remaining.
The Lancers scored 16 of the game's final 18 points after High Point led 64-54 with 4:18 left. The Panthers didn't score from the field in the final 5 minutes.
Barbour scored 20 points and Corey Law had 15 points and 13 rebounds for High Point, which has lost three of its past four games.
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- Huge second-half run lifts No. 2 Orange past High Point Dec 20
- High Point faces uphill climb in clash with No. 2 Syracuse Dec 20
- Gillian resigns as Longwood men's hoops coach Mar 14
- Porter, Georgetown rout Longwood Dec 10
- Georgetown plays host to Longwood Dec 10
- No. 14 Creighton soars past Longwood Nov 21
- Longwood faces long odds in clash with No. 14 Creighton Nov 20
- High Point 73, N.C.-Asheville 84 Mar 2
- UNC-Asheville beats High Point 84-73 in Big South Mar 2
- Simpson scores 22 as Hampton beats Longwood 95-81 Mar 1