Egolf's winner propels Bradley over Drake 67-65Feb 3, 2010 - 3:29 AM PEORIA, Ill.(AP) -- Will Egolf's basket with 1.8 seconds left gave Bradley a 67-65 victory over Drake on Tuesday night.
Egolf scored only eight points, but four came in the closing seconds. His tip-in put the Braves ahead 65-62 with 32 seconds left. Adam Templeton answered with a tying 3-pointer.
But after Sam Maniscalco missed a jump shot with six seconds left, Egolf grabbed the offensive rebound and scored the winner on a fadeaway jumper.
Maniscalco had game-high totals of 21 points and six assists for the Braves (11-11, 6-6 Missouri Valley), who snapped a two-game losing streak and swept the series from Drake. Taylor Brown added 14 points.
The Bulldogs (11-13, 6-6) were led by 19 points from Josh Young, who moved into third place on Drake's career scoring list with 1,626 points. Ryan Wedel scored 15, all in the first 11 minutes, and Templeton had 13 points and 13 rebounds.
- Drake hoping to turn corner in 2015-16 Oct 5
- Bradley names Brian Wardle head coach Mar 27
- Northern Iowa advances with rout of Bradley Mar 6
- Braves face tall task in MVC semifinals against Panthers Mar 6
- Northern Iowa rolls over Bradley Feb 21
- Bradley challenges No. 11 Northern Iowa Feb 21
- Northern Iowa easily handles Drake Feb 7
- Bulldogs hit road to challenge 14th-ranked Panthers Feb 7
- No. 7 Wichita State holds off Bradley Feb 4
- Shockers seek redemption in MVC melee with Braves Feb 4
- No. 14 Wichita State routs Drake Jan 25
- Drake seeks upset of No. 14 Wichita State Jan 25