SE Missouri State tops SIU-Edwardsville 68-49Feb 3, 2010 - 4:17 AM CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo.(AP) -- Marland Smith had 17 points and Southeast Missouri State pulled away in the second half to defeat Southern Illinois-Edwardsville 68-49 Tuesday night.
Anthony Allison had 12 points for the Redhawks (7-15), who were tied 22-22 late in the first half before going on a 19-0 run that began with 2 minutes left in the first half. They eventually led by 25 points.
Southeast Missouri had lost three in a row and six of its last seven entering Tuesday's game.
Cody Rincker led the Cougars (3-19) with 13 points. Mark Yelovich scored 10 points and Nikola Bundalo had nine points and 11 rebounds for SIU-Edwardsville.
The Redhawks scored the first seven points of the game, but the Cougars came back and took their only lead of the game at 20-19 with just over 4 minutes left in the first half.
rootsLMPtG1 Added 10 roots
Southern Illinois-Edwardsville 49, Southeast Missouri State 68 FinalFeb 3 6:00 AM
- NCAA BB
SIU EDWARDSVILL 49
SE MISSOURI 68 FINAL
Feb 2 10:48 PM
- NCAA BB
SIU EDWARDSVILL 22
SE MISSOURI 28 HALFTIME
Feb 2 9:37 PM
- SIU-Edwardsville hires Cal's Harris as coach Apr 3
- Forrester won't return as SIU-Edwardsville coach Mar 10
- Goodwin, Memphis stomp SEMO Dec 21
- Southeast Missouri hits road to challenge No. 15 Memphis Dec 21
- No. 12 Mizzou snaps to attention, beats SE Missouri State Dec 5
- Tigers set to pounce on Redhawks Dec 4
- Bowers paces Mizzou in season-opening win Nov 10
- Kansas downs Southeast Missouri State Nov 9
- SEMO seeks season-opening upset of No. 7 Kansas Nov 9
- Murray State takes care of Redhawks Feb 16
- Racers and Redhawks duke it out in OVC action Feb 15
- Murray State stays perfect in win over Redhawks Feb 2