Jenkins leads Hofstra past James Madison 68-48Feb 4, 2010 - 2:37 AM HARRISONBURG, Va.(AP) -- Charles Jenkins had 20 points, five rebounds and four assists and Hofstra used a second-half spurt to pull away from James Madison 68-48 on Wednesday night.
The Pride (12-12, 5-7 Colonial Athletic Association) have won three straight games and extended their winning streak over the Dukes to 11 games.
Hofstra, which won 69-68 last year at James Madison, took the lead for good at 14-13 with 10:27 left on Halil Kanacevic's dunk and led 30-25 at halftime.
After the Dukes drew within 32-29, the Pride used an 11-0 run to push the lead into double figures. James Madison (10-13, 3-9) shot 29.2 percent from the field (7-for-24) in the second half while Hofstra shot 48.5 percent (16-for-33).
Miklos Szabo added 12 points and Greg Washington had 12 boards for the Pride, who outrebounded the Dukes 41-30.
Denzel Bowles and Julius Wells scored 15 points each for James Madison.
- NCAA BB
JMU 48 FINAL
Feb 3 8:51 PM
- NCAA BB
JMU 25 HALFTIME
Feb 3 7:50 PM
- Hofstra, Mihalich agree to extension Apr 29
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- Hofstra's Nichols to miss rest of season Jan 26
- Hofstra's rise close to being complete Oct 22
- Hofstra coach Mihalich agrees to extension Jun 1
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28
- Virginia cruises past JMU in opener Nov 15
- Instate foes collide as Cavs take on Dukes Nov 14
- SMU-Hofstra game postponed Dec 6
- Louisville breezes past Hofstra Nov 12
- Pride come calling on third-ranked Cardinals Nov 12