Indiana State turns back Illinois State 72-65Feb 4, 2010 - 2:56 AM TERRE HAUTE, Ind.(AP) -- Harry Marshall led a balanced attack with 18 points as Indiana State defeated Illinois State 72-65 on Wednedsay night.
Rashad Reed added 14, Carl Richard 11 and Jordan Printy 10 for the Sycamores (14-9, 6-6 Missouri Valley), who won their third in a row. Marshall also had a game-best six assists.
Conference player of the week Dinma Odiakosa led the Redbirds with 21 points - his second straight game over 20 - and nine rebounds. Illinois State (15-8, 6-6) suffered its fourth straight road loss.
The Sycamores took the lead for good when Marshall converted a three-point play followed by a 3-pointer by Aaron Carter for a 54-49 advantage with 11:55 left.
Trailing 67-59 with 3:03 to go, Illinois State ran off six in a row to cut it to 67-65 with 52 seconds left. But the Sycamores hit five free throws in the final 31 seconds.
- NCAA BB
ILLINOIS ST 65
INDIANA ST 72 FINAL
Feb 3 9:01 PM
- NCAA BB
ILLINOIS ST 34
INDIANA ST 36 HALFTIME
Feb 3 7:50 PM
- Indiana State athletic director resigns after 11-year tenure Dec 19
- Illinois State staffers among 7 dead in plane crash Apr 7
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8
- Good Knight: Illinois St. stuns Wichita in MVC semis Mar 7
- Shockers meet Redbirds in MVC semifinals Mar 7
- No. 11 Wichita State downs Indiana State Feb 25
- Sycamores play host to 11th-ranked Shockers Feb 25
- No. 15 Wichita State tops Illinois State Feb 14
- Redbirds seek upset of 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 14
- Wichita State routs Indiana State Feb 11
- No. 13 UNI overwhelms Illinois State Feb 11