Texas-Arlington wins 71-66 in overtimeFeb 4, 2010 - 4:01 AM ARLINGTON, Texas(AP) -- Marquez Haynes scored 20 points and Texas-Arlington defeated Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 71-66 Wednesday night.
Brandon Long added 19 points and Tommy Moffitt had 10 rebounds for the Mavericks (11-9, 3-4 Southland).
LaMarcus Reed made one of two free throws with 8 seconds to play for Texas-Arlington to force overtime. Reed scored four more points in the extra period as the Mavericks outscored the Islanders 12-7.
Kevin Palmer scored 16 points and Demond Watt had 10 points and 10 rebounds for Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (11-10, 5-2). The Islanders committed 19 turnovers and made just 15 of their 33 free-throw attempts. The Mavericks were 25-for-35 from the line.
- NCAA BB
TX A&M CORP CHR 66
TEXAS ARLINGTON 71 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 3 10:16 PM
- NCAA BB
TX A&M CORP CHR 27
TEXAS ARLINGTON 25 HALFTIME
Feb 3 8:48 PM
- Longhorns fend off Texas-Arlington Dec 3
- Mavericks face tall task in meeting with Longhorns Dec 2
- No. 1 Kentucky routs UT-Arlington 92-44 Nov 26
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 25
- Young, Kentucky top UTA Nov 19
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with fourth-ranked Wildcats Nov 19
- New Mexico State wins WAC Mar 17
- Mavericks square off with Aggies in WAC championship game Mar 16
- Oklahoma State pounds UT-Arlington Dec 19
- Mavericks come calling on 24th-ranked Cowboys Dec 19
- UT-Arlington extends Cross through 2016 Apr 17
- Turner helps Aggies down Islanders Nov 26