Central Connecticut State defeats Bryant 60-34Feb 5, 2010 - 3:43 AM SMITHFIELD, R.I.(AP) -- Joe Seymore scored 19 points and Central Connecticut State beat winless Bryant 60-34 on Thursday night.
It was the fewest points allowed by the Blue Devils (8-14, 5-6 Northeast Conference) since a 31-28 win against Southern Connecticut State in 1983-84, before the shot clock.
The Bulldogs (0-23) haven't won since last February. They shot 23.5 percent (12 for 51) from the field.
The Blue Devils went 1 for 10 in the first 4 minutes and trailed 8-4, but went on a 23-3 run to take control.
Markeys Deans scored 12 points and Vince Rosario chipped in 10 for the Blue Devils, who outrebounded Bryant 44-28.
Papa Lo led the Bulldogs with seven points.
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Former UConn star Marshall to coach Central Connecticut Apr 6
- Dickenman retires after 20 years at Central Connecticut Feb 19
- Robert Morris cruises past Bryant 89-71 Feb 6
- CCSU holds off late charge by Robert Morris to win, 75-70 Feb 4
- Robert Morris never trails in 65-54 win over Bryant Jan 23
- Robert Morris uses late first-half run, beats CCSU 59-45 Jan 21
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- UConn opens title defense with comeback win over Bryant Nov 15
- UConn begins title defense against Bryant Nov 14
- Smith, Ohio State rout Bryant Dec 11
- Buckeyes and Bulldogs battle in Gotham Classic Dec 11