Kent State outlasts Eastern Michigan 75-68Feb 5, 2010 - 2:53 AM YPSILANTI, Mich.(AP) -- Anthony Simpson scored 19 points to lead Kent State to a 75-68 victory over Eastern Michigan Thursday night.
Tyree Evans and Rodriguez Sherman scored 14 for the Golden Flashes (16-7, 7-2 Mid-American). Simpson also led Kent State with seven rebounds.
Carlos Medlock led all scorers with 22 points for Eastern Michigan (11-11, 3-6). Brandon Bowdry and Justin Dobbins each had double-doubles for the Eagles. Bowdry had 15 points and 10 rebounds while Dobbins had 11 points and 10 rebounds. Kent State still held a slight edge on the boards, 34-32.
Kent State broke away from an 18-18 tie to a 32-20 halftime lead and held on although the Eagles got within five points in the final minute.
The win marked Kent State's 14th consecutive win over Eastern Michigan in the series.
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- Oubre shines as Kansas tops Kent St. Dec 30
- Kent State tangles with No. 13 Kansas Dec 30
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- Syracuse cruises past Eastern Michigan Dec 31
- Eagles hoping to soar past second-ranked Orange Dec 31
- Parker, Duke cruise past Eastern Michigan Dec 28
- Ninth-ranked Blue Devils set sights on Eagles Dec 28
- No. 21 UMass downs Eastern Michigan Dec 3
- Eagles hoping to soar past 21st-ranked Minutemen Dec 3
- Cauley-Stein, No. 3 Kentucky crush Eastern Michigan Nov 27