3-pointer at buzzer gives Little Rock 79-77 winFeb 5, 2010 - 4:47 AM LITTLE ROCK, Ark.(AP) -- Alex Garcia-Mendoza hit a long 3-pointer at the buzzer Thursday to give Arkansas-Little Rock a 79-77 victory over Arkansas State.
The Trojans (7-15, 3-8 Sun Belt), who trailed almost the entire second half, were down 77-76 after JeJuan Brown hit one of two free throws with :03 remaining to give Arkansas State (13-9, 8-3) the lead.
Solomon Bozeman led Little Rock with 20 points and seven assists. Garcia-Mendoza added 14 points, Matt Mouzy 12 and Kelson Stewart 10.
Brandon Reed and Martavius Adams each scored 17 points for Arkansas State (13-9, 8-3), which had won six of its last seven games and was in first place in the Sun Belt Conference. Rashad Allison added 14 points, eight rebounds and five assists for the Red Wolves.
Little Rock was outrebounded 44-31 but made up for it by hitting 10 of 19 3-point attempts compared to 6 of 21 for the Red Wolves.
- NCAA BB
ARKANSAS ST 77
UALR 79 FINAL
Feb 4 10:16 PM
- NCAA BB
ARKANSAS ST 44
UALR 36 HALFTIME
Feb 4 8:56 PM
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- Arkansas-Little Rock hires Beard as men's coach Apr 9
- Arkansas-Little Rock fires men's coach Shields Mar 18
- Memphis manages to hold off Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 14
- Trojans seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 13
- No. 11 Florida cruises past Arkansas-Little Rock Nov 16
- Trojans come calling on 11th-ranked Gators Nov 16
- No. 11 Cincinnati dispatches Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 6
- Bearcats get set to battle Trojans Dec 6
- No. 2 Kentucky rips Arkansas-Little Rock Jan 4
- No.2 Wildcats and Trojans meet at Freedom Hall Jan 3
- Murray State remains unbeaten Dec 18