College of Charleston defeats Chattanooga 86-74Feb 5, 2010 - 3:13 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Tony White Jr. scored 19 points to lead five College of Charleston players in double figures as the Cougars defeated Chattanooga 86-74 on Thursday night.
Andrew Goudelock and Matt Sundberg added 17 points each as the College of Charleston (15-8, 10-2 Southern Conference) improved to 9-2 in their past 11 games. They hit 17 3-pointers in 44 attempts (38.6 percent) as Goudelock and Sundberg each hit five and White finished with four.
The Cougars used a 17-3 first-half run to break open a tie game and take a 43-24 lead into the break. White and Sundberg hit back-to-back 3s for a 23-15 lead with 10:13 left, and after White converted a three-point play, Sundberg and Goudelock hit 3-pointers for a 32-18 advantage.
Jeremy Simmons and Donovan Monroe added 10 points each for the Cougars.
DeAntre Jefferson led Chattanooga (13-11, 5-6) with 13 points and Ricky Taylor added 12.
- NCAA BB
COLL OF CHARLTN 86 FINAL
Feb 4 8:53 PM
- NCAA BB
COLL OF CHARLTN 43 HALFTIME
Feb 4 7:50 PM
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- West Virginia routs College of Charleston Nov 30
- Cougars hit road to challenge 21st-ranked Mountaineers Nov 29
- No. 17 UConn fends off Charleston Nov 20
- Huskies take on Cougars in Puerto Rico Tip-Off Nov 20
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16
- College of Charleston fires Wojcik Aug 5
- Chattanooga extends Foster through 2018-19 Jun 5
- Adams leads UCLA past Chattanooga Nov 25
- Mocs seek upset of 22nd-ranked Bruins Nov 24