Coastal Carolina routs Gardner-Webb 96-60Feb 5, 2010 - 2:05 AM CONWAY, S.C.(AP) -- Mario Edwards scored 18 points and dished out six assists, and Joseph Harris had a double-double to lead Coastal Carolina to a 96-60 rout over Gardner-Webb on Thursday night.
Harris finished with 16 points and 11 rebounds - four offensive - for the Chanticleers (20-4, 10-2 Big South Conference), who became the ninth team in the school's history to win 20 games.
Danny Nieman had 13 points and six assists, while Logan Johnson and Chris Evans had 10 points apiece for Coastal Carolina.
The Chanticleers, who shot 60 percent from the floor (42-for-70) for the game, took a 30-14 lead with 9 minutes left in the first half on a fast-break layup by Nieman. Coastal Carolina went into halftime with a 29-point lead and later built an 80-39 advantage on Chad Gray's 3-pointer with 8:08 to play.
C.J. Hailey scored 17 points on 6 of 16 shooting for the Bulldogs (6-16, 3-9).
- Wisconsin eases past Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Chanticleers face tall task in second-round clash with Badgers Mar 20
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Arizona runs away from Gardner-Webb in second half Dec 2
- Bulldogs hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 2
- Virginia survives scare from Coastal Carolina Mar 22
- Virginia begins tournament run against Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South crown Mar 9
- Winthrop challenges Chanticleers for Big South title Mar 9
- Duke takes care of Gardner-Webb Dec 16
- Runnin' Bulldogs seek upset of mighty Blue Devils Dec 16