East Tennessee St beats Florida Gulf Coast 56-47Feb 5, 2010 - 4:11 AM FORT MYERS, Fla.(AP) -- Isiah Brown scored 17 points and grabbed seven rebounds, and East Tennessee State snapped a two-game losing streak with a 56-47 win over Florida Gulf Coast on Thursday night.
Tommy Hubbard added 10 points for the Buccaneers (12-12, 8-5 Atlantic Sun Conference), who shot 46.5 percent from the floor (20-for-43).
The Eagles had just a 39.1 mark (18-for-46) for the game.
The Buccaneers fell behind 10-1 and did not score a field goal until Adam Sollazzo picked off a pass and dunked it home with 10:16 left in the first half. But ETSU chipped away at the advantage, eventually taking a 26-24 halftime lead on a pair of free throws De'Shaud Johnson.
With the score tied at 36-all in the second, Brown scored nine of the Buccaneers' next 20 points as ETSU outscored the Eagles 20-11 the rest of the way.
The Eagles (7-16, 4-10) didn't have a player score in double figures.
- NCAA BB
EAST TENN ST 56
FLA GULF COAST 47 FINAL
Feb 4 9:34 PM
- NCAA BB
EAST TENN ST 26
FLA GULF COAST 24 HALFTIME
Feb 4 8:28 PM
- FGCU hoops coach Dooley gets 2-year extension through 2020 May 7
- Tar Heels aim to stay on defensive vs. Eagles in NCAAs Mar 16
- East Tennessee State tabs Forbes as new men's basketball coach Mar 31
- Mercer takes out Florida Gulf Coast for Atlantic Sun crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears meet in A-Sun title game Mar 9
- Dooley tabbed as FGCU men's basketball coach Apr 17
- Cinderella's run ends; Gators oust FGCU Mar 30
- Surprising Eagles set sights on Gators in Sweet 16 Mar 28
- FGCU moves into Sweet 16 by stunning Aztecs Mar 25
- Upstart Eagles take on Aztecs in South Regional dust-up Mar 23
- Shocking debut: FGCU sends Georgetown packing Mar 23
- Hoyas set sights on upstart Eagles in South Regional matchup Mar 21