Eastern Kentucky shoots past Tennessee Tech 76-58Feb 5, 2010 - 3:40 AM RICHMOND, Ky.(AP) -- Papa Oppong scored 19 points and Josh Daniel came off the bench for a career-best 17 as Eastern Kentucky defeated Tennessee Tech 76-58 on Thursday night with a strong 3-point performance.
The Colonels (16-8, 8-4 Ohio Valley Conference), who came in averaging 10.3 3-pointers per game, second in the NCAA, were 13-for-27 (48.1 percent) against the Golden Eagles (12-11, 6-6).
Daniel, who made four 3-pointers, scored 14 points in the first half, when Eastern Kentucky took a 39-23 lead. The Colonels took advantage of 10 first-half turnovers by Tennessee Tech while committing two.
Oppong started the second half with a layup for the Colonels, who never led by less than 17 the rest of the way.
Justin Stommes added 12 points for Eastern Kentucky, and Josh Taylor had seven rebounds and four steals.
Kevin Murphy scored 16 points and Elijah Muhammad 14 for Tennessee Tech.
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE TECH 58
EASTRN KENTUCKY 76 FINAL
Feb 4 9:34 PM
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE TECH 23
EASTRN KENTUCKY 39 HALFTIME
Feb 4 8:35 PM
- Tennessee Tech overtakes Robert Morris in 85-72 win Nov 27
- Tennessee Tech rips Piedmont College, 110-72 Nov 14
- No. 18 Miami falls at home to Eastern Kentucky Dec 19
- Colonels seek upset of 18th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 19
- Towns, Kentucky rout EKU Dec 8
- Top-ranked Wildcats play host to Colonels Dec 7
- Eastern Kentucky extends Neubauer's contract May 5
- Kansas advances with win over EKU Mar 21
- Colonels face tall task in showdown with Jayhawks Mar 21
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- Wisconsin (12-0) off to best start in school history Dec 14