Troy holds on to beat Middle Tennessee 70-67Feb 5, 2010 - 4:18 AM MURFREESBORO, Tenn.(AP) -- Mike Vogler sank a pair of free throws with 18 seconds left as Troy held on to beat Middle Tennessee 70-67 on Thursday night and snap the Blue Raiders' five-game winning streak.
Vogler scored 16 points and Brandon Hazzard led the Trojans (13-10, 8-4 Sun Belt Conference) with 21, including 14 in the second half. Hazzard was 5-for-10 from 3-point range.
Troy led by as many as 12 points and survived a tie at 65, with Hazzard hitting a 3. Middle Tennessee cut the lead to 68-67 with 20 seconds left, but Vogler's foul shots gave the Trojans three wins in a row for the first time this season.
James Washington led the Blue Raiders with 15 points and James Gallman added 14, all in the second half.
Middle Tennessee held a 33-31 rebounding edge.
Troy's win, combined with a loss by Florida Atlantic, moved the Trojans into a tie for first in the Sun Belt East Division.
- NCAA BB
MIDDLE TENN 67 FINAL
Feb 4 9:51 PM
- NCAA BB
MIDDLE TENN 32 HALFTIME
Feb 4 8:49 PM
- Middle Tennessee State sets sights on upset of Syracuse Mar 19
- Michigan State promises it won't overlook MTSU Mar 17
- Potts out indefinitely with concussion for Middle Tennessee Feb 26
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14
- Bluejays and Blue Raiders meet in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 29
- No. 16 Florida races past Middle Tennessee Nov 22
- Blue Raiders put perfect mark on line against 16th-ranked Gators Nov 21
- Troy names Cunningham new men's basketball coach Mar 26
- Hail to the Gaels; Saint Mary's tops MTSU to gain Memphis matchup Mar 20
- Gaels, Blue Raiders square off in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 19
- Boynton, Gators drop Blue Raiders Nov 19