North Texas defeats Florida Atlantic 86-69Feb 5, 2010 - 3:31 AM DENTON, Texas(AP) -- Eric Tramiel had 17 points as five North Texas players scored in double figures in an 86-69 victory against Florida Atlantic on Thursday night.
Tristan Thompson had 16 points, George Odufuwa 14, Alzee Williams 12 and Shannon Shorter 10 for the Mean Green (14-8, 7-5 Sun Belt).
Greg Gantt had 18 points and Raymond Taylor 14 for Florida Atlantic (12-11, 8-4), which had a five-game winning streak snapped.
Odufuwa had nine rebounds.
With the score tied at 9-9 midway through the first half, North Texas scored the game's next 11 points and maintained control the rest of the way.
- Florida State-FAU game delayed twice by problems with basket Dec 19
- Qualls leads Arkansas over North Texas Nov 29
- Razorbacks hope to continue fast start against Mean Green Nov 28
- Duke barely breaks a sweat in topping FAU Nov 15
- Blue Devils battle Owls in non-coference fray Nov 15
- Zeller, Hoosiers cruise past Florida Atlantic Dec 22
- Owls hope to soar past sixth-ranked Hoosiers Dec 21
- No. 11 North Carolina routs Florida International Nov 11
- Tar Heels and Owls meet to open Maui Invitational action Nov 11
- McDermott leads Bluejays past North Texas Nov 10
- North Texas pays visit to No. 16 Creighton Nov 9
- Benford named North Texas head coach Apr 25