Wright State defeats Valparaiso, 75-71Feb 5, 2010 - 4:05 AM VALPARAISO, Ind.(AP) -- N'Gai Evans scored 18 points and Wright State held on to defeat Valparaiso 75-71 Thursday night.
Vaughn Duggins scored 17 points and Todd Brown added 12 for the Raiders (15-8, 8-4), now alone in second place in the Horizon League. They travel to meet the league leader, No. 23 Butler, on Saturday in Indianapolis.
Wright State shot 48 percent for the game and built a 15-point lead late in the first half, leading 31-21 at the break. Valparaiso (11-13, 6-6) briefly led midway through the second half before Wright State reestablished control.
Brandon Wood led the Crusaders with 18 points. Brandon McPherson scored 17 and Cory Johnson 16, and Ryan Broekhoff grabbed 13 rebounds.
The win gave Wright State a sweep in the regular season over the Crusaders. In the teams' earlier meeting in Dayton, Ohio, the Raiders scored the last 11 points to win 59-57.
- NCAA BB
WRIGHT ST 75
VALPARAISO 71 FINAL
Feb 4 10:12 PM
- NCAA BB
WRIGHT ST 31
VALPARAISO 21 HALFTIME
Feb 4 8:53 PM
- Lottich succeeds Drew as basketball coach at Valparaiso Apr 7
- Wright State hires South Dakota State basketball coach Apr 4
- Wright State fires coach Billy Donlon after 6 seasons Mar 19
- Correction: Northern Kentucky-Valparaiso story Feb 16
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- Maryland survives Valparaiso to advance Mar 20
- Terps open NCAA Tournament play against Crusaders Mar 20
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- Ohio State throttles Wright State Dec 28
- Raiders come calling on 21st-ranked Buckeyes Dec 27
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11