Louisiana-Lafayette sinks FIU 83-63Feb 5, 2010 - 3:49 AM LAFAYETTE, La.(AP) -- Tyren Johnson scored 22 points, leading five Louisiana-Lafayette players in double figures in an 83-63 win over Florida International on Thursday night.
Randell Daigle added 19 points, Chris Gradnigo 13, Travis Bureau 11 and Lamar Roberson 10 for the Ragin' Cajuns (10-12, 7-4 Sun Belt Conference).
Johnson has scored in double figures in 11 straight games and has at least 20 points in four of his last five games at home. He also added six rebounds, four steals and three blocks for the Ragin' Cajuns.
Johnson hit a 3-pointer to open the game, the Ragin' Cajuns started with a 6-1 run and they never trailed in this one.
The Ragin' Cajuns shot 47.6 percent from 3-point range (10-for-21) compared to just a 16.7 mark (3-for-18) for the Golden Panthers.
J.C. Otero notched a double-double to lead FIU (7-18, 4-8), scoring 17 points and pulling down 11 boards.
- NCAA BB
UL LAFAYETTE 83 FINAL
Feb 4 9:58 PM
- NCAA BB
UL LAFAYETTE 40 HALFTIME
Feb 4 8:56 PM
- No. 5 Louisville powers past FIU Dec 5
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Cardinals Dec 5
- McDermott scores 30 to power Creighton past Louisiana Mar 21
- Cajuns and Bluejays duke it out in West Region action Mar 21
- Louisiana wins Sun Belt title over Georgia State Mar 16
- Georgia State and Louisiana meet for Sun Belt title Mar 16
- Smith powers Louisville to blowout of FIU Dec 22
- Cardinals fly south to take on Panthers Dec 21
- Louisville's offense erupts in rout of Louisiana Dec 7
- Seventh-ranked Cardinals continue run with Cajuns Dec 7
- Chery leads Baylor past Louisiana Nov 17
- Cajuns come calling on 23rd-ranked Bears Nov 17