Rodriguez, Taylor lead Campbell past Stetson 65-47Feb 5, 2010 - 2:07 AM DELAND, Fla.(AP) -- Jonathan Rodriguez scored 24 points and Miles Taylor had a double-double to lead Campbell to a 65-47 win over Stetson on Thursday night.
Taylor finished with 17 points and 10 rebounds for his first double-double of the season for the Camels (13-9, 8-5 Atlantic Sun Conference). Rodriguez, Campbell's all-time leading scorer, went 9-for-9 from the free throw line.
Stetson played without its leading scorer, senior guard A.J. Smith, who was sidelined with an ankle injury. Freshmen guards Joel Narburgs scored 13 points and Tyshawn Patterson added 11.
The Hatters (5-17, 3-11), who lost their fifth straight, shot 32 percent (16 of 50) from the floor.
Campbell dominated inside, outscoring Stetson 40-14 in the paint.
Stetson cut the Camels' lead to 51-43 after Patterson's free throw with 6:38 to play. But Campbell reeled off 10 unanswered points to seal the victory.
- Stetson makes intriguing run to A-Sun final against FGCU Mar 5
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- Irish beat up Stetson Nov 10
- No. 21 Notre Dame plays host to Stetson Nov 10
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18
- Campbell tabs McGeehan as head coach Apr 11
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7
- Gonzaga thumps Campbell Dec 20
- Camels try to get over the hump in clash with 14th-ranked Zags Dec 19
- Wright, No. 22 Cincy thump Campbell Nov 20