Harangody leads Notre Dame to 83-65 victoryFeb 5, 2010 - 4:26 AM By TOM COYNE AP Sports Writer
SOUTH BEND, Ind.(AP) -- Luke Harangody had a season-high 37 points and 14 rebounds, and Tim Abromaitis added 22 points Thursday as Notre Dame beat Cincinnati 83-65, just the second win in six games for the Fighting Irish.
Harangody, who was just 5-of-20 shooting for 14 points with 11 rebounds in a 60-58 loss to the Bearcats on Jan. 16, was 7 of 13 for 16 points and 10 rebounds at halftime. He finished with 15-of-25 shooting to lead Notre Dame (16-7, 5-5 Big East) to the much-needed win.
The Irish, who were outrebounded 50-31 by the Bearcats (14-8, 5-5) in that loss last month, had a 41-32 edge in the victory. Notre Dame used runs of 11-3 and 10-2 to open a 40-27 halftime lead and the Bearcats never got closer than nine points in the second half.
Larry Davis led Cincinnati (14-8, 5-5) with 12 points.
- NCAA BB
NOTRE DAME 83 FINAL
Feb 4 11:08 PM
- NCAA BB
NOTRE DAME 40 HALFTIME
Feb 4 9:58 PM
- Beachem says he'll be back at Notre Dame for senior season May 1
- Notre Dame's Beachem enters NBA draft, won't hire an agent Apr 12
- Jackson: Meeting with Brey, NCAA play led him to opt for NBA Mar 30
- Notre Dame's Jackson decides to enter NBA draft Mar 29
- Brey: Notre Dame's Jackson has to explore entering NBA draft Mar 28
- Notre Dame can't find one last run to beat North Carolina Mar 28
- North Carolina and Notre Dame know each other well Mar 26
- Wisconsin's road to 3rd straight Final 4 runs through Irish Mar 25
- Cincinnati says Mick Cronin is staying after talks with UNLV Mar 25
- Notre Dame finally finding March success under Brey Mar 23
- ND's Auguste at best in March, shooting 86 percent in NCAAs Mar 22
- A late dunk, a last-second 3 add to Cincinnati's heartbreak Mar 21