UC Santa Barbara defeats Pacific 61-48Feb 5, 2010 - 5:55 AM STOCKTON, Calif.(AP) -- Orlando Johnson had a career-high 28 points and six rebounds to lead UC Santa Barbara to a 61-48 victory over Pacific on Thursday night.
The Gauchos (12-8, 7-3 Big West) swept the season series between the teams and moved a half-game behind first-place Pacific (14-7, 7-2) in the conference standings.
James Nunnally added 19 points and six rebounds. He and Johnson combined for all but 14 of Santa Barbara's points.
Allen Huddleston scored 10 points off the bench to lead Pacific, which shot just 29 percent from the field. The Tigers made just 6 of 27 3-point attempts.
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- Wiltjer's career-high 45 points guides Gonzaga past Pacific Feb 20
- No. 3 Gonzaga sets sights on WCC crown Feb 19
- Gonzaga routs Pacific Jan 24
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with third-ranked Zags Jan 24
- Kansas handles challenge from UCSB Nov 15
- No. 5 Kansas lifts lid on season against UC Santa Barbara Nov 14
- No. 24 Gonzaga handles Pacific Jan 5
- Pacific comes calling on No. 24 Gonzaga Jan 4
- UCLA takes care of UC Santa Barbara Dec 4
- Gauchos and Bruins mix it up in Golden State fracas Dec 3