Belmont beats Jacksonville 73-70Feb 6, 2010 - 3:20 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Ian Clark scored 16 points and Mick Hedgepeth tallied his sixth career double-double, propelling Belmont to a 73-70 win over Jacksonville on Friday night.
Hedgepeth finished with 13 points and 11 rebounds for the Bruins (14-10, 9-5 Atlantic Sun Conference), who have won three in a row and five of their last six. Kerron Johnson and Scott Saunders scored 12 points each for Belmont.
Jacksonville led most of the first half, and Lehmon Colbert's free throw put the Dolphins up 31-24 with 4:15 left before halftime. But Johnson's three-point play sparked a 10-0 run for the Bruins, who took a three-point lead into the break.
Belmont never trailed again, and the win pulled the Bruins into a three-way tie for first in the A-Sun.
Ben Smith scored 25 points for the Dolphins (13-9, 9-4), who had the fifth-longest winning streak in the nation snapped at 10 games.
- NCAA BB
BELMONT 73 FINAL
Feb 5 9:04 PM
- NCAA BB
BELMONT 34 HALFTIME
Feb 5 7:54 PM
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Former Jacksonville basketball standout Morgan dies at 67 Jan 15
- Jacksonville takes down Thomas (Ga) 92-64 Nov 23
- Virginia staves off upset bid from Belmont Mar 20
- Belmont battles Virginia in East Regional melee Mar 20
- Belmont shocks Murray State to win OVC crown Mar 7
- Racers and Bruins battle for OVC crown Mar 7
- Jacksonville turns to Jasick Apr 9
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- Randle helps Kentucky fend off Belmont Dec 21
- Wildcats set sights on Bruins Dec 21