Siena sinks Iona 88-68, extends win streakFeb 6, 2010 - 4:04 AM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Alex Franklin scored 23 points as Siena extended its winning streak to 14 games, the longest in the nation, with an 88-68 win over Iona on Friday night.
The Saints (20-4, 13-0 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), who have a 33-game homecourt winning streak, are off to their best conference start in 20 years.
Clarence Jackson added 20 points while Ryan Rossiter had his eighth double-double in nine games, finishing with 19 points and 12 rebounds for the Saints. Ronald Moore scored nine points, including the 1,000th of his career early in the second half.
Iona scored the first basket of the game and never led again. Siena's lead reached double-digits for the first time when Jackson hit a 3-pointer at the 3:38 mark of the first half, and the Saints led 38-28 at the break.
Scott Machado had 24 points for the Gaels (17-7, 9-4), who had their eight-game win streak snapped.
- Morris and Iowa State race past Iona 94-81 Mar 17
- Iona spoiled Monmouth bench mob party Mar 16
- Iona's suspends Washington 2 games for slap Jan 17
- Sophomore Much receives NCAA waiver, can play right away Nov 15
- Siena's Ogunyemi won't have to sit out after transfers Oct 30
- Iona gives hoops coach Cluess extension Mar 26
- Manhattan pulls away late, bests Iona for MAAC title Mar 9
- Manhattan takes on Iona in MAAC title tilt Mar 9
- Arkansas 6-0 after win over Iona Nov 30
- Gaels and Hogs mix it up to close holiday weekend Nov 30
- Siena extends Patsos' contract Jun 18
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5